We believe in treating symptoms of menopause with Bio-Identical Hormones. You do not have to live with the symptoms of menopause. Estrogen replacement therapy can help.
Signs & Symptoms of Female Hormone Imbalance:
a. Hot flashes
c. Decreased Energy
d. Decreased Libido
e. Sleep Disturbance
f. Decreased Metabolism
g. Weight Gain
i. Hair Thinning
j. Skin Sagging
k. Genital Dryness
l. Urinary Leakage
When Should You Consider Female Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- If you had a hysterectomy before you went through menopause or your ovaries do not function as they should, resulting in an inability to produce hormones the body needs.
- You suffer from severe menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats, which cause significant health problems, including insomnia, tiredness and depression.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, HRT increases bone density and has been approved by the FDA to treat women, especially over age 60, according to the Mayo Clinic.
- Symptoms such as vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and a lack of libido may benefit from HRT. The therapy uses a combination of estrogen for physical symptoms and testosterone for increased libido for effective treatment.
- Menopause causes loss of collagen, a protein the builds connective tissues. The loss can lead to fractures in the discs between the vertebrae. This results in the appearance of bending or a hump on the back. HRT prevents the loss of collagen and the increased risk of fractures.
- HRT reduces heart attacks in women as a positive side effect, though it is not considered as a preventive medication.
- Women who experience postnatal depression or premenstrual depression may find help through HRT, which has been found to greatly reduce signs of depression.
- The ability of HRT to increase collagen causes skin and hair to look more youthful. Menopause may result in the loss of skin elasticity because of the loss in collagen levels.
- HRT has been found to improve overall general health, mood and increased sexual function because of a reduction in symptoms of menopause.
- Risk factors for breast cancer associated with HRT have been reevaluated. The Mayo Clinic says the hormone therapy poses no greater risk than the risk factors of being overweight, drinking wine or having no children, amounting to about a one-percent greater risk than for women who do not use HRT.
Estrogen replacement therapy is the most effective solution for dealing with menopause symptoms. At Harmony Medicine, our female hormone replacement therapy in Franklin, Brentwood and Nashville ensures that your body is able to develop as healthily as possible as you age.
Our medical staff will talk with you about your symptoms and lab results. We have different options of treatment including, hormone replacement therapy for women. We will help determine which treatment is best for you.